"Our mission is to connect with our former students to preserve the rich history of Fort Worth Christian School." (Terry Drake '78, Director of Alumni Relations)
In our current strategic plan, Vision Forward, the Board of Trust is committed to strengthening our Alumni as valued and vital members of the school community who serve as ambassadors of the institution while actively supporting FWC. It is our goal to actively engage FWC alumni while building a strong network of graduates who are deeply connected to the school. We want to grow the network of 60+ years of Cardinal graduates united by a shared love for Christ and a common commitment to FWC’s Mission.
In recent years, several efforts have attempted to nurture relations with former Cardinal students:
- In the spring of 1999, prior to the global pandemic, we hosted our first Alumni Picnic in the Campus Center.
- in December of 1999, we hosted Alumni Chapel and reception for FWC grads still in college
- In 2020, we invested in a dynamic online platform to house our Cardinal Alumni Network
- In the spring of 2022, hosted "An Evening with Lance Barrow, '73" where Lance was presented the Distinguished Alumni Award
- Following Homecoming 2022, our first Golf Tournament was held hosted by our Alumni Association
- In the spring of 2023, the first gathering of our Alumni Council met
- In the summer of 2023, we launched our Alumni Instagram Page (we still have our Alumni Facebook Group)
We encourage all Cardinal alumni to update their profile on the Cardinal Alumni Network so you can receive all the emails and Alumni newsletters (usually monthly). Also you are encouraged to attend as many on-campus alumni events as possible, and continue to partner with FWC to grow enrollment and participate in the Cardinal Education Foundation.
Once a Cardinal, always a Cardinal!