We are an extraordinary school with incredible teachers, challenging curriculum, outstanding athletics, and exciting mission opportunities. Our rigorous curriculum is taught through a Biblical worldview in a rich community of teachers, coaches, and mentors, all passionate about serving Christ. We are dedicated to expanding minds, building faith, and preparing students to be the Christian leaders of tomorrow.
See our current employment opportunities below. If you share our vision, apply today.
- Experience working with young children
- High school diploma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well with children one on one, or in a small group.
- Responsible, friendly, and nurturing.
- Able to agree and adhere to Fort Worth Christian’s statement of faith.
- Assist the lead teacher in imparting classroom instruction for all curriculum plans.
- Provide support to the lead teacher in planning lessons and daily activities based on the goals of child development physically, academically, and spiritually.
- Provide children with social and emotional guidance and engage in various activities throughout the day.
- Ensure the development of positive relationships with children in promoting self-esteem and self-discipline
Please direct questions to Sherrie Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fort Worth Christian School is accepting applications for an Upper School American Sign Language teacher who is willing and able to partner with the Upper School Head and teaching faculty to equip his/her students for a life of faith, service, and leadership for Christ.
Prior experience at the high school level is strongly preferred, along with understanding the essential nature of establishing positive, encouraging, joyful relationships with high school students. Must be able to work cooperatively with all members of the staff and communicate effectively with parents.
Other desired qualifications:
- Demonstrate a strong Christian testimony and be an active member of a Bible-believing church
- Exhibit a keen understanding of today's high school learner and the concomitant pedagogies that ensure excellent student learning
- Serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and pursue Christ-like behavior
- Knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies as they relate to teaching American Sign Language
- Expertise in current technologies and word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software, specifically Google applications
- Knowledge in using authentic assessment to evaluate students' needs and progress
- Experience in integrating technology into the curriculum
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required and demonstrated excellence in all academic pursuits.
Fort Worth Christian School is accepting applications for a Varsity Softball Coaching position to partner with the AD's and Head of School to lead our softball team with excellence in skill, attitude, and character while equipping his/her athletes for a life of faith, service, and leadership for Christ.
Prior high school coaching experience at the high school level is strongly encouraged, along with an understanding of the essential nature of establishing positive and encouraging relationships with high school-aged students. Applicants must be able to work cooperatively with all members of the staff and communicate effectively with parents. Coaching experience and willingness to invest in this arena are desired.
High School Softball Coach Job Description Position Summary:
The Head Softball Coach is responsible for initiating various aspects of the Softball Program, such as recruiting within the school, scheduling opponents, training, and coaching team members.
The Head Softball Coach is required to abide by the TAPPS rules and regulations as well as the rules and regulations set by the Fort Worth Christian Handbook.
- Maintain constant check of student athlete’s grades and conduct.
- Recruit within the school, train, and coach the members of the Softball Program.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the Softball Program.
- Assess players’ skills and assign team positions. Organize and schedule practice sessions.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practices activities/exercises.
- Scheduling of games.
- Determine game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Maintain and secure all softball equipment and uniforms.
- Administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Athletic Director/Associate/Assistant Athletic Director.
- Hold a preseason meeting with all student-athletes and parents before the first official game.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Represent Fort Worth Christian School and the Softball program in a professional manner.
- Model nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Attend staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or other appropriate administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Behavioral, Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required):
- Demonstrate a strong Christian testimony and be a member of a Bible-believing church.
- Serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and pursue Christ-like behavior.
- 1-3 years of experience as an assistant or head softball coach at the high school level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
Fort Worth Christian School is looking for an organized, outgoing, customer service oriented part-time Administrative Office Receptionist. Since the person in this position will be the first person our community encounters as they walk through our door, we are looking for an individual who can maintain a professional appearance at all times while making everyone feel welcome.
Title: Administrative Office Receptionist
FLSA Status: Part-time Non-Exempt
Work Hours: 20 Hours a Week
Reports To: Assistant to the Head of School
The following are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors, families, students, and vendors
- Answer phones and take messages
- Check-in and run security checks on all visitors
- Assist all members of the FWC team
- Respond to emails
- Manage mail correspondence
- Help maintain office calendar
- Assist with invoicing
- Perform data entry and filing tasks
- Manage inventor of office and breakroom supplies
- Perform other clerical tasks as needed
- Assist with coordination, promotion, and content creation for special events
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Love Christ
- Demonstrate a strong Christian testimony and be a member of a Bible-believing church
- Serve as a positive Christian role model and pursue Christ-like behavior
- Be committed to living and teaching a life of service to Christ in accordance with the FWC Vision, Mission, and Statement of Faith
- Hold an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Be highly customer service oriented
- Be exceptionally well organized and detail-oriented with the proven ability to function smoothly in a fast-paced executive environment
- Possess strong interpersonal communication (written and spoken) skills with sensitivity to confidentiality
- Have a professional telephone manner with strong customer service focus
- Work independently, prioritizes workloads and proactively manages time
- Have, at a minimum, 3 years administrative or clerical experience
- Have the ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively
- Able to mitigate conflict and other matters from escalating through creative problem-solving
- Be proficient with Google Workspace
If this opportunity interests you, please apply here.
Job Title: School Nurse
Reports to: Principal
Length of Contract: 110
Summary: The School Nurse is responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating school health services that:
- Maximize the quantity of in-class time by reducing the incidence of health-related absenteeism.
- Eliminate or minimize health problems that impair learning.
- Promote the highest degree of independent functioning possible.
- Promote student, staff, and community awareness of and participation in healthy behaviors.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
● Health and Safety of Students
- Establish standards that promote safety for students.
- Establish and maintain systems to track infectious disease spread within the school community.
- Develop procedures to follow in emergencies.
- Develop procedures for routine medical assistance.
- Develop procedures for daily medication dispersal.
- Alert teachers and other staff members to possible medical concerns.
- Provide training to promote good health habits.
● Maintain Health and Immunization Records
- Collect, update and make record of all students’ immunization records.
- Provide reports regarding immunizations and health records to local and state agencies.
- Administer medication both routinely and as prescribed by a physician.
- Prepare medications for school field trips and coordinate dispensing the medications with the field trip sponsor.
● Establish a budget and purchase supplies as needed, staying within the budget.
- Committed to living and teaching a life of service to Christ in accordance with the FWC Statement of Faith.
- Registered Nurse.
To apply, please apply here.
If you are interested in applying for a future teaching, coaching, administrative, or substitute position at FWC, we welcome the opportunity to grow our pool of quality candidates should a position open up.
Click here to apply - when it asks for "Position of Interest," indicate your area of interest.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fort Worth Christian School is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, marital status, political belief or disability. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity within three (3) days of being hired. Failure to submit such proof within the required time shall result in immediate employment termination.