We are an extraordinary school with incredible teachers, challenging curriculum, outstanding athletics, and exciting mission opportunities. Our rigorous curriculum is taught through a Biblical worldview in a rich community of teachers, coaches, and mentors, all passionate about serving Christ. We are dedicated to expanding minds, building faith, and preparing students to be the Christian leaders of tomorrow.
See our current employment opportunities below. If you share our vision, apply today.
Fort Worth Christian School is currently accepting applications for Lower School Division Head (Principal to students in grades K3-5th) to partner with the Lower School faculty to lead and teach our Lower School students. The candidate should have a passion for Christian education and a vision to equip our young learners for a life of faith, service, and leadership for Christ.
The Lower School Division Head is responsible for the operation of the Lower School and forming policy, direction, and plans with other members of the campus administration. The Lower School Division Head, as the administrative and instructional leader, will provide leadership in the operation and growth of FWC and will establish and maintain a caring, productive, Christian environment for students and faculty. Responsibilities include the development and execution of administrative policies in collaboration with the school leadership team according to the standards set forth by the Board of Trustees of FWC, planning and providing for qualified personnel, curriculum development, student assessment, and student spiritual development.
- Salaried, at-will 12 month position
- Reports to: FWC Head of School
- M.A. or M.S. in Educational Leadership required or in pursuit of receiving.
- Administrative licensure required or in pursuit of obtaining. .
- In agreement with the Fort Worth Christian School FWC Statement of Faith.
- Active member/regular attendee of Bible-believing church and committed to growth in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Committed to the mission of FWC: Equipping minds and nurturing hearts to impact the world for Christ.
- A teacher and learner at heart who loves students of all ages and exudes enthusiasm for shepherding the growth of children.
- Proven ability to work in a leadership role with diverse groups, including faculty, staff, students, administrators, and parents.
- Characterized with integrity and maintains confidentiality.
- Demonstrates consistent spiritual leadership.
- Demonstrates excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Promotes a positive environment that encourages commitment, collaboration, and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships of mutual support with the constituent communities of the school.
Responsibilities: Mission and Vision
- Partners with the Head of School and FWC Leadership Team to lead, equip, and empower the faculty and staff to deliver the mission in all curricular and extracurricular activities.
Supporting Student Success
- Collaborates with the Head of School to promote ongoing student programming that engages students and builds community.
- Oversees day-to-day student concerns in the Elementary School, working closely with administration, faculty, and staff on student management, positive behavior plans, and discipline issues.
- Approaches discipline through the lens of restorative practices and executes a behavior management system that is grounded in a journey of helping students better understand their identity in Christ.
- Communicates with parents effectively and proactively regarding student behavior concerns and gracefully resolves challenges.
- Provides oversight of instructional programs, including observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with the FWC Strategic Academic Plan.
- Collaborates with the FWC Lower School Faculty in designing or leading meaningful professional development activities designed to improve and/or enhance instructional strategies.
- Plays a key role in supporting students and teachers through the multi-tiered support system
- Collaborates with outside educational services regarding student support needs.
- Uses student assessment data to gather information about student learning and prioritize department goals.
- Promotes a school environment that is safe and conducive to individualized instruction, cooperative curriculum development, and student learning.
- Encourages faculty, staff, and students in their faith and provides opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Partners with the Lower School team to ensure that accommodations are being carried out with fidelity.
- Supervises staff and supports them in professional growth through ongoing conversations, authentic feedback, evaluation, and professional development opportunities.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops, or professional meetings.
- Ensures school policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Participates with Lower School faculty in the interview process for new employees.
- Generates a strong sense of community through active involvement in the daily life of the Lower School as well as school-wide events.
- Assist the Admissions Director in the process of student admissions and enrollment including meeting with new families seeking admission to the school,
Duties as assigned.
Immediate Opening (Begin January 3, 2022)
Fort Worth Christian School is currently accepting applications for a Middle & Upper School Orchestra Director to partner with the Fine Arts Director and music faculty in continuing to grow a strong and dynamic strings program currently flourishing at FWC. The instructor must have a passion for music and a vision to equip students for a life of faith, service, and leadership for Christ.
Prior teaching experience at the high school level is strongly preferred, along with an understanding of the essential nature of establishing positive and encouraging relationships with high school-aged students. Applicants must be able to work cooperatively with all members of the staff and communicate effectively with parents. Performance and previous conducting experience in this arena are highly desired.
- Lower, Middle, and Upper School Orchestra Classes
- Assisting student/parents with instrument rental and maintenance
- Communicate with parents, students, teachers, and counselors regarding student performance
- Assess student needs and provide support or extra resources to students
- Use technology to improve lesson delivery and recordkeeping
- Concert performance and competitions at both the upper and middle school level
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment
- Demonstrate a strong Christian testimony and be a member of a Bible-believing church
- Serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and pursue Christ-like behavior
- Possess knowledge of trends, developments, and new technologies as they relate to teaching at the secondary level
- A bachelor's degree in music from an accredited college or university is required, along with demonstrated excellence in all academic pursuits
- Experience working with young children
- High school diploma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well with children one on one, or in a small group.
- Responsible, friendly, and nurturing.
- Able to agree and adhere to Fort Worth Christian’s statement of faith.
- Provide support to the director in planning and supervising activities.
- Provide children with social and emotional guidance and engage in various activities.
- Ensure the development of positive relationships with children in promoting self-esteem and self-discipline.
If you are interested in applying for a future teaching, coaching, administrative, or substitute position at FWC, we welcome the opportunity to grow our pool of quality candidates should a position open up.
Click here to apply - when it asks for "Position of Interest," indicate your area of interest.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fort Worth Christian School is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, marital status, political belief or disability. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity within three (3) days of being hired. Failure to submit such proof within the required time shall result in immediate employment termination.