We are an extraordinary school with incredible teachers, challenging curriculum, outstanding athletics, and exciting mission opportunities. Our rigorous curriculum is taught through a Biblical worldview in a rich community of teachers, coaches, and mentors, all passionate about serving Christ. We are dedicated to expanding minds, building faith, and preparing students to be the Christian leaders of tomorrow.
See our current employment opportunities below. If you share our vision, apply today.
Fort Worth Christian School is accepting applications for a Varsity Softball Coaching position to partner with the AD's and Head of School to lead our softball team with excellence in skill, attitude, and character while equipping his/her athletes for a life of faith, service, and leadership for Christ.
Prior high school coaching experience at the high school level is strongly encouraged, along with an understanding of the essential nature of establishing positive and encouraging relationships with high school-aged students. Applicants must be able to work cooperatively with all members of the staff and communicate effectively with parents. Coaching experience and willingness to invest in this arena are desired.
High School Softball Coach Job Description Position Summary:
The Head Softball Coach is responsible for initiating various aspects of the Softball Program, such as recruiting within the school, scheduling opponents, training, and coaching team members.
The Head Softball Coach is required to abide by the TAPPS rules and regulations as well as the rules and regulations set by the Fort Worth Christian Handbook.
- Maintain constant check of student athlete’s grades and conduct.
- Recruit within the school, train, and coach the members of the Softball Program.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the Softball Program.
- Assess players’ skills and assign team positions. Organize and schedule practice sessions.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practices activities/exercises.
- Scheduling of games.
- Determine game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Maintain and secure all softball equipment and uniforms.
- Administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Athletic Director/Associate/Assistant Athletic Director.
- Hold a preseason meeting with all student-athletes and parents before the first official game.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Represent Fort Worth Christian School and the Softball program in a professional manner.
- Model nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Attend staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or other appropriate administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Behavioral, Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required):
- Demonstrate a strong Christian testimony and be a member of a Bible-believing church.
- Serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and pursue Christ-like behavior.
- 1-3 years of experience as an assistant or head softball coach at the high school level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Experience working with young children
- High school diploma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well with children one on one, or in a small group.
- Responsible, friendly, and nurturing.
- Able to agree and adhere to Fort Worth Christian’s statement of faith.
- Provide support to the director in planning and supervising activities.
- Provide children with social and emotional guidance and engage in various activities.
- Ensure the development of positive relationships with children in promoting self-esteem and self-discipline.
If you are interested in applying for a future teaching, coaching, administrative, or substitute position at FWC, we welcome the opportunity to grow our pool of quality candidates should a position open up.
Click here to apply - when it asks for "Position of Interest," indicate your area of interest.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fort Worth Christian School is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, marital status, political belief or disability. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity within three (3) days of being hired. Failure to submit such proof within the required time shall result in immediate employment termination.