At this time, Fort Worth Christian School’s campus and athletic facilities will be closed until Monday,
March 30, 2020 April 6, 2020.
This date may change depending on the recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Tarrant County Public Health Department. While our campus remains closed, FWC has instituted a virtual learning environment for all our students to continue with their educational needs.
CONFIRMED CANCELLATIONS & SUSPENSIONS OF FWC ACTIVITIES:
- All athletic and fine arts activities for Middle School & Upper School suspended until April 13, 2020.
- Canceled - 7th Grade Big Bend Trip
- Suspension of all FWC club activities (clay target team, bass fishing team, etc)
- Suspension of all Non-FWC organizations using our facilities (club teams, private lessons, etc)
- TAPPS video for preliminary plans regarding future fine arts & athletic events, click here.
- For a summary of TAPPS proposed plans for athletics, see FAQ below (FAQ #4)
- Friday, March 7, 2020 (8:40 PM CDT) - click to open
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 (8:49 PM CDT) - click to open
- Friday, March 13, 2020 (5:03 PM CDT) - click to open
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 (12:39 PM CDT) - click to open
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 (6:37 PM CDT) - watch video
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 (2:37 PM CDT ) - click to open
VIRTUAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT IS ON!
Since Wednesday, March 18, 2020, all grades are continuing to pursue course objectives via a virtual learning environment. Parents and students should be receiving emails from Division Heads and even individual teachers and coaches. If you are not getting communication from an individual teacher, please reach out to your Division Head or Administrative Assistant for that division. If in doubt, please call the main school line at 817.520.6200. Due to a large call volume, you may have trouble getting through. If so, please keep trying. If you need immediate assistance, Becky Mackin at our Virtual Front Desk would love to help you! Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will route your question to the appropriate person or respond back directly.
During our Virtual Learning Environment, staff are working remotely and can respond to emails:
- Upper School - email@example.com
- Upper School Student Schedules - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upper School Counselor - email@example.com
- College Counselor & School Transcripts - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle School - email@example.com
- Middle School Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lower School - email@example.com
- Lower School Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions PreK-5th grade - email@example.com
- Admissions 6th-12th grade - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Accounts - email@example.com
- Accounts Payable - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nurse Brownlow - email@example.com
- Nurse Worsham - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Karlen, Athletic Trainer - email@example.com
- Athletics - firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 15, 2020 - First Virtual Prayer Meeting (no recording)
- March 19, 2020 - Virtual Prayer Meeting (click to hear recording; appx 30 minutes)
FAQ (click + to expand)
The following staff members make up the FWC COVID-19 Task Force to discern how best for FWC to respond to this rapidly changing pandemic.:
FWC Leadership Team:
- Ken Cheeseman, Head of School
- Kent Means, Assistant Head for Business & Operations
- Nick Hinrichsen (Upper School Head)
- Jill Shelby (Middle School Head)
- Elizabeth Green (Lower School Head)
- Randy Vaughn (Director of Advancement)
- Debbie Loy (Executive Assistant to the Head of School)
- Mary Lou Crist (Director of Fine Arts)
- Jared Hudgins (Director of Boys Athletics)
- Lauren Smeds (Director of Girls Athletics)
FWC Medical Team: (email@example.com)
- Corry Karlen, Assistant Athletic Director
- DeeAnn Brownlow, Nurse
- Cyndi Worsham, Nurse
Well, with our amazing faculty and staff working non-stop, our "school" hasn't really stopped! We are in a Virtual Learning Environment right now. Teachers are engaged, educating, and equipping students!
At this time, we are set to reconvene in-person instruction on Monday,
March 30 April 6. The "Communication Updates" above is the MOST accurate place for information, so click above to read the latest communication from the school. Our parents and students are encouraged in social distancing and thus not be on our 40-acre campus in NRH for socializing, working out, etc, unless directed so by our Administration. We have had some future FWC Cardinals make appointments to come up for a personal tour and to continue in the Admissions steps. While we are all experiencing life a little differently, we are continuing "business as usual" so let us know how we can help!
If you are not at FWC but wishing your school was active, engaged, and innovatively addressing high-quality college preparatory education, join us! Reach out to Shirley on our Admissions Team: firstname.lastname@example.org - she can answer your questions!
In our monitoring of the ever-evolving COVID-19 situation, the traveling patterns for our FWC community members must be taken into consideration by our school officials.
In short, any FWC parent or student who recently went on a cruise ship with a reported confirmed case of COVID-19 or air travel in/out of any country classified as Level 3 by the CDC within the last 2-3 weeks should contact our FWC healthcare team at email@example.com.
First and foremost, to our SENIORS, we know this is a tough spring. Games/events are being postponed and/or canceled and that is extremely disappointing for you! FWC's decision around events/games are governed primarily and sometimes exclusively by TAPPS. Learn more: https://tapps.biz/covid19/
FWC ATHLETIC DIRECTOR UPDATE (March 18, 2020):
The latest news from TAPPS came from a webinar on March 17, 2020 in regard to the rest of the year’s athletic events (here's the link to the full webinar). Here are the key takeaways:
- NO practices may be held until we hold classes with students on-campus again.
- NO usage of FWC athletic facilities.
TAPPS is adamant about providing championship opportunities to student-athletes. These are the plans they have announced.
Opportunity A: Return to Play begins as planned on April 13
- Week 1 (April 13-18) - Practices and scrimmages allowed.
- Week 2 (April 20-25) - First week of competition.
- Week 3 (April 27-May 2) - Baseball and Softball certification of district placement.
Opportunity B: Return to Play begins May 1
- Week 1 (May 4-9) - Practices and scrimmages allowed.
- Week 2 (May 11-16) - First week of competition. Tennis & Golf Championships.
- Week 3 (May 18-23) - Baseball and Softball certification of district placement. Track and Field Championships.
- Week 4 (May 25-30) - Baseball/Softball championships.
Opportunity C: Return to Play begins May 15
- Week 1 (May 18-23) - Practices and scrimmages allowed.
- Week 2 (May 25-30) - Golf/Tennis/Track championships.
- Week 3 (June 1-6) - Baseball and Softball championships.
Opportunity D: NO Return to Play. Worst-case scenario
We pray that "Return to Play" begins as planned on April 13. However, we are grateful TAPPS has plans in place to provide championship opportunities. With this, each head coach is responsible for sending out information to his/her team as it pertains to each sport. Head coaches will also continue to send weekly email updates and workout suggestions.
ATHLETIC ADMINISTRATION TEAM
Lauren Smeds, Girls Athletic Director (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jared Hudgins, Boys Athletic Director (email: email@example.com)
Corry Karlen, Assistant Athletic Director (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
We have a long history with our janitorial service company based here in Fort Worth. First and foremost they use all hospital grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all germs including the COVID-19. Their custodians are trained through a six-step process on the correct procedures to make sure they are cleaning surfaces correctly. The product is applied, allowed to set for several minutes and then wiped clean with microfiber cloths. All custodians wear gloves and use trigger spray bottles that are labeled.
In addition, we will have adequate amounts of hand sanitizer around campus. We will reinforce hand-washing and other practical steps of mitigating the spread of the disease.
We have also disinfected all locker rooms and athletic areas.
Based on our online program and conversations with our accreditation associations and recent decisions made by the U.S. Department of Education and the Texas Education Association, we do NOT anticipate requiring additional days in May or June.
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Helpful Links:
Frequently Asked Questions from CDC
Latest COVID-19 updates from the CDC:
Frequently Asked Questions for Travelers:
Returning from high-risk areas:
COVID-19 and Cruise Ships:
How to protect yourself?
What to do if you are sick:
Talking with children about the COVID-19 CDC
The Cardinal Learning Center is ready to continue our partnership with parents in this virtual learning environment!
We will continue our service of support, communication, bridge-building, and encouragement:
- For you as a parent in your new "role"
- For your student as they navigate a new learning environment
- For teachers as they navigate a new teaching environment
The CLC is here and ready to advocate to be an extra layer of support for you. Please reach out to us with anything! If we don't have an answer, we will use all of our resources to find one for you.
Keep in mind that our CLC kiddos are familiar with facing challenges. They very well may be better prepared than others. They are used to having to overcome obstacles and make adjustments on a daily basis. I bet we are going to learn a lot FROM them!
Cardinal Learning Center Administrative Director
The Scriptures tell us in Philippians 4 to "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be apparent to all. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
So first of all, we encourage you to pray and remember that God is Sovereign - He is in complete control!
We have counselors in each division who are trained to assist our students in any crisis situation. Please encourage them to reach out to the counselor in their building.
As well, FWC is well-connected to many wonderful congregations of God's people. If you have a church home, please reach out to a pastor or minister for counsel. If you do not have a church home, email email@example.com and we can recommend some good crisis counselors and pastoral counseling centers in the area.
Any other health-related questions about the Coronavirus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all COVID-19 related questions as it is relates to your family and FWC, please send an email to email@example.com or contact your Division Head. Your question will be routed to the appropriate FWC staff member to address.
We are so happy to hear of your interest in FWC! Our Admissions Team, Shirley Atkinson and Elizabeth Miller, will be happy to assist you. You can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at 817-520-6200.
At this time, scheduling a personal tour is still possible, especially if you are looking to move here and you are in town for only a limited period of time. While our school is busy with virtual learning initiatives, unless directed otherwise by our school, city/county/state/national officials, we would love to have you visit our 40-acre campus in North Richland Hills. Because of limited office hours, please contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment for your personal tour.
At this time, we are continuing to host our preview events as planned. Click here to see a list of spring and summer events.
VIRTUAL PREVIEW EVENTS ARE BEING SCHEDULED AS WELL - stay tuned!
Friday, March 7, 2020 (8:40 PM CDT) - click to open
Thursday, March 12, 2020 (8:49 PM CDT) - click to open
Saturday, March 14, 2020 (12:39 PM CDT) - click to open
Friday, March 13, 2020 (5:03 PM CDT) - click to open
Wednesday, March 18, 2020 (6:37 PM CDT) - watch video
Thursday, March 19, 2020 (2:37 PM CDT ) - click to open