Fort Worth Christian College, a private, coeducational junior college of the Church of Christ, offered standard liberal arts courses and a strong Bible program. In 1956 the college obtained a forty-eight-acre campus. On January 21, 1957, a board of trustees was established. The college began classes in the fall of 1959 and expanded annually. Thomas B. Warren was appointed president that year, and during his administration a cafeteria-auditorium and a library-classroom building were added. Claude A. Guild succeeded Warren in 1961. Between 1961 and 1964 two dormitories, a president's home, and a gymnasium-auditorium were completed. Enrollment for the 1962-63 year was 100.
By 1965 twelve departments offered work leading to the associate in arts or associate in science degree. All work offered conformed to standards of accreditation agencies. In 1969 the faculty numbered eighteen, and the library holdings reached 13,500 volumes. Enrollment during the 1968-69 regular term was 220. Curtis E. Ramey served as president in 1965.
Due to financial difficulties Fort Worth Christian College ceased to exist in 1971 and became a branch of Abilene Christian College (now Abilene Christian University).
Please use the form below to update information for Fort Worth Christian College Alumni, Administration, Faculty, or Staff.